Immigration is one of the hottest discussion topics for everyone who wants essay writing help. Simply put, it is a current, controversial, and exciting topic. More so, this topic raises heads in almost every part of the world, making an essay on immigration a great idea.
It is also an excellent essay topic because people have different views on the issue and whether or not it affects everybody. Without a doubt, it will make a great persuasive or argumentative essay topic.
Another great thing about this topic is its many angles and ways to look at it. You have the freedom to choose any of the hundreds of exciting and creative immigration essay topics. This post provides a list of excellent immigration essay topics for you to consider, from research paper topics to essay topics.
Examples of Good Immigration Essay Topics
Immigration is a good subject to focus on for an academic essay. There are numerous topics you can pick from regarding this subject. Here are some great immigration essay topics for your consideration:
- The impacts of immigration on the economy
- An overview of how immigrants assimilate into various new cultures
- Discrimination faced by immigrants: types and effects
- Do immigrants feel welcomed in their new countries?
- A deep dive into the life of an immigrant
- Immigration laws in the United States: How they have changed in the past few years
- Immigration as a social constraint: an analysis of the concept
- Types of intolerable immigration policies and how they can harm immigrants
- Immigration trends as a world phenomenon
- A look into the causes of immigration
- Immigration: what is it, its causes, and effects
- The impacts of immigration on a country’s culture
- How lawlessness in the borders has promoted immigration in specific countries
- Problems that most immigrants face when they enter a new country
- Legal vs. illegal immigration: Is there a difference?
- The impact of immigration on the sports sector
- Is immigration a common cause of culture clashes?
- The effects of new traditions brought about by immigration on a country’s economy
- How does immigration enhance diversity
- Sustainable immigration solutions that countries like the United States can implement
Top Immigration Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay is a piece of writing that takes a stance on an issue. Immigration is a sensitive issue that most people have solid stances regarding. So, you can use an argumentative essay to explain your perspective on the topic and persuade others to agree with it. Let’s look at some examples of argumentative immigration essay topics:
- War has been one of the primary causes of immigration throughout history
- The American economy cannot survive the absence of immigrants
- It will take more than a huge border wall to resolve the issue of illegal immigration in the United States
- Border control services play a significant role in promoting illegal immigration
- Disbanding the border control service and forming a new unit will help resolve the issue of corruption in immigration
- Immigration should be a subject of global concern
- The word alien should not be used to describe undocumented immigrants
- Undocumented immigrants should get a chance to defend themselves in a legal court before deportation
- Illegal immigrant detention is an inhumane practice
- Immigrant children should not be separated from their parents regardless of their immigration status
- Immigration is a global issue
- The government should invest in education for immigrants, including adults
- Immigrant kids have an easier time assimilating into new cultures
- Immigration helps promote cultural diversity in host countries
- Labor laws in the US should protect immigrant employees
- Immigrants from countries like Mexico are more likely to get detained than others
- The US has the harshes immigrant policies in the world
- Immigration is a global economic growth contributor
- Immigration policies should be taught in schools
- Immigration and education: what is the correlation?
Top Controversial Immigration Topics
Do you want a topic that can stimulate a conversation? You need to focus on controversial topics. Let’s look at some controversial immigration research topics:
- Immigration should be perceived as an act of courage and not a crime
- Religious persecution should be considered a just reason for illegal immigration
- Immigration as a way to provide for your family should be looked at as a noble act
- Immigrant kids and governmental responsibilities: What does the government owe to immigrant children?
- Certain personality types are more likely to immigrate than others
- Immigration for romantic reasons: how it is a common phenomenon in the modern world
- Some people consider immigration as a way to escape financial responsibility
- Should countries with significant environmental issues encourage immigration?
- What can first-world countries do to mitigate the problems of illegal immigration?
- Border control should require legal documentation from environmental immigrants and refugees
- High-quality education is one of the core promoters of immigration into the United States
- Immigration is the foundation of American culture and a significant element of American history
- Immigrant activism: a look at some early examples
- A comprehensive look at how immigrants were viewed in the past versus the present
- A complete comparison of current immigration laws compared to the past laws
- Hidden costs associated with the immigration process
- An extensive look at the immigration process and what you need to complete it
- How can immigrants protect their family members living in their home country?
- The difference between asylum and immigration processing
- How do immigrants impact their host country’s economy?
Incredible Research Paper Topics on Immigration in America
America has some of the most interesting views and perspectives regarding immigration. In fact, American immigration policies are among the most controversial. Therefore, choosing an immigration topic regarding America would be a wise decision as it will give you several possible angles and approaches for your paper. Here are examples of topics on immigration that you can write about:
- What rights do immigrants have in America?
- What can the American government do to fix the current immigration system?
- Should immigrants be required to learn English and take an exam before immigrating to America?
- America needs immigrants now more than ever: an in-depth analysis
- The value of national identity in today’s political climate and how it affects immigrants
- What are the requirements for immigrants to become American citizens?
- Immigration quotas: what are they, their pros, and cons
- How do American immigration policies compare to other countries
- American policies on immigration: what are they, their pros, and cons
- How has immigration affected the education sector in America?
- How has the American media affected citizens’ perception of immigration and immigrants?
- Mexican immigration and American immigration policies: how are these issues correlated?
- The role of political leaders in America in solving illegal immigration issues
- How do cultural differences in America influence the way citizens accept immigrants
- The role of the 9/11 incident in the current immigration policies in America
- Are American immigration policies fair?
- The link between immigration and illegal drug issues in America
- Democratic vs. republican views on immigration in America
- President Trump Vs. Immigration: how the former president influenced America’s immigration views and policies
- Has immigration in America affected the nation’s economy positively or negatively?
Interesting Illegal Immigration Essay Topics
Illegal immigration is one of the most exciting topics about immigration. Therefore, writing an academic essay with any of the titles for immigration essay would be wise. Below are some immigration topics regarding illegal immigration to write about:
- Illegal immigration: what is it, and how does it affect a country?
- Should an immigrant obtain legal status by entering a country legally?
- Why are illegal immigrants known as aliens?
- Aliens: How is this a derogatory term against immigrants?
- The detention of illegal immigrants: How does this help?
- Are there any laws protecting illegal immigrants in America?
- What happens to the children of illegal immigrants when their parents are detained?
- Do all world governments treat undocumented immigrants with the same hostility as the American government?
- Are American immigration policies harsher than other countries?
- Is the term “illegal immigrant” an offensive term?
- How does the issue of illegal immigration influence the issue of racism?
- What happens to illegal immigrants when they are detained?
- How does the presence of undocumented immigrants in a country indicate corruption?
- How is human trafficking feeding the issue of illegal immigration
- Do third-world countries experience the challenge of illegal immigration?
- How do various countries regulate the issue of illegal immigration?
- What is the difference between an undocumented immigrant and a refugee?
- Do human rights policies come into play regarding illegal immigration issues?
- Should documented immigrants lose their documentation for minor crimes?
- How has immigration reform changed in the past decade?
Great Persuasive Essay Topics About Immigration
A persuasive essay aims to convince others to adopt a specific position on a given issue. So, a persuasive essay on immigration is a great way to explain your position on the subject and provide an argument with evidence to convince readers that your point of view is more logical and informed. Creative titles for immigration essays will capture your readers’ attention and help you earn perfect grades. Below are excellent immigration topics for essay:
- Immigration is not as much of a hindrance to the national economy as advertised
- Immigration as a promoter of better national attitudes towards foreign cultures and individuals
- When does an immigrant become a legal citizen of his host country?
- Border control should be raised to resolve the issue of illegal immigration
- Should immigrants be allowed to vote and be part of policy changes?
- The issue of Mexican immigration is a political controversy in the United States
- Immigrants are helping fulfill US’s labor market demand
- Children born by undocumented immigrants should become citizens of their host nation
- The US immigration policy needs reform
- The US cannot survive as a country without immigrants
- Immigration is a core phenomenon in American history
- The 9/11 tragedy scared Americans’ views on immigration and foreigners
- Immigration changes life in big cities in the US for the better
- Legal immigration changes the American education system
- Americans also move to other countries as immigrants
- Immigration policies in the US and how they influence the society
- A historical perspective of the issue of immigration in America
- English language tests should not be mandatory for all immigrants
- Policies on immigrant citizenship and how they should change
- The US-Mexican border wall is one of the most controversial issues in immigration issues
Top Current Illegal Immigration Research Paper Topics
While immigration is a hot topic on its own, it has caused a lot of debate in recent years, especially since America started building a wall on the US-Mexico border to prevent illegal immigration. The difference between legal and illegal immigration lies in the documentation. So illegal immigrants are also known as undocumented immigrants. The following list features examples of research paper topics regarding illegal immigration:
- Are there valid excuses for illegal immigration?
- What happens when illegal immigrants are discovered in the United States?
- How do undocumented or illegal immigrants harmful to a country?
- Is overstaying the legal migration period considered a form of illegal immigration?
- What countries do most illegal immigrants in the United States come from?
- Human trafficking and illegal immigration: what is the correlation?
- The presence of undocumented immigrants as a sign of corruption
- How do illegal immigrants affect a country’s economy?
- How does illegal immigration disrupt the balance in American society?
- Illegal immigration and increased crime rates: What is the link?
- Organizations that support illegal immigration: are they part of the problem?
- Should illegal immigrants get legal assistance?
- Racism and illegal immigration: how do these issues correlate?
- No human is illegal: how true is this statement regarding unlawful immigration?
- The threats of illegal immigration to hosts
- American detention of illegal immigrants: does it help or harm them?
- The construction of the wall is a tool for resolving the issue of illegal immigration
- Is there a link between the increase in illegal immigration and the rise in terrorism in host countries?
- Why do people risk their lives and well-being to become illegal immigrants?
- Are there specific policies regarding elderly immigrants?
Fantastic EU Immigration Topics
Immigration is a global issue. Therefore, you do not have to limit yourself to American immigration issues when choosing an essay or research topic. While American immigration policies are worth talking about, you can always think outside the box and go with EU immigration topics for a change. Here are some great EU immigration topics for your essay or research paper:
- How does the European Union handle global immigration issues?
- The European Union’s approach to illegal immigration
- How do the European Union’s views on immigration differ from the Americas?
- Sustainable immigration solutions that the European Union can implement
- Common problems that EU immigrants face as American immigrants
- Interesting facts about EU immigration policies
- How does the European Union handle intolerable immigration policies and mitigate their harm?
- Immigration and EU politics: an insight
- Immigration as a social constraint in the European Union
- Are the European Union’s policies on immigration more lenient than America’s?
- The life of immigrants in the European Union nations
- What benefits do European Union nations receive when they grant asylum status to immigrants?
- How does the European Union differentiate the words “immigrant” and “refugee”?
- Substantial prejudice against immigrants in European Union nations
- The immigration crisis in European Union nations
- Wars as the core motivator for immigration in European Union nations
- The war between Ukraine and Russia and how it has promoted immigration in the EU
- How did the US’s response to the 9/11 incident influence the European Union’s change in immigration policies?
- Immigration policies in the European Union: A deep dive
We Will Write the Best Immigration Topics and Essays for You
Your search for great immigration topics to write about in your essay ends in this article. The immigration essay topics above are great inspirations for you. Again, look no further if you want any of the topics above or what you already have handled by a professional.
Our experienced and specialized immigration essay writers will help you craft your essay or research paper that boosts your score. Talk to us now.